Sunday, July 16, 2006

How is everyone? The week went by so fast. I went to the doc for my back. got some meds and I am now feeling better. Jess has about gotten her ear taken care of but can not seem to get enough rest. Schoolwork, tutoring and taking care of herself is wearing her out. Not that I mind, I could use the sleep. July will end her cram for school, for the most part. She has a little work to finish on the fall.

A good friend of mine lost her mother last Friday. The funeral was on Monday in Stillwater. It was a nice service. She and her father are having a hard time but are making it. Jess and I care for our friend very much and wish comfort for her at this time.

So, I missed a good part of the workday on Monday. We bought a new machine a couple of weeks ago. I had it up and going last Tuesday but due to a software error, it has been down since then. The long and short of it was that the service tech tried to download some new software. The download was somehow corrupt and crashed the system. After a week of being down and all options exhausted, Daewoo sent a someone from Korea. I felt bad for him. He received a phone call on Friday at 4PM, was told that he had 45 minutes to catch a flight to Tulsa and somehow ended up in OKC. So, only knowing a few sentences in English, had to give his cell phone to someone in OKC to tell us where he was. That was late Friday and he showed up on Saturday morning. What no one could fix in over a week, he had taken care of in 2 hours. Of course I am sure it helped that he was one of the machine designers. I then told him a couple of machine flaws that I had experienced so far (a little background... This is the first machine of its kind in operation anywhere close) and he kindly listened and said he would get to work on it on Monday. When he was done he showed us pictures of his family. You could tell he was proud. I then tried to explain to him that I had one on the way. It was an exhausting conversation but finally he understood and congratulated me. He was then off to lunch and the airport to return home. Thanks for the help Kim.

It is hot here in Tulsa, I mean HOT! Jess' bro will be in town a week from Monday. If I were him I would avoid Tulsa, but then again, once at the parents' household he will probably need a coat. Against the wishes of her husband and my wife, the mother-in-law and I keep things f***ing cold. Who wants to sweat in their own house?

I leave with a quick baby update: the kitchen is in shambles, I have not started on the baby room and for some reason the To Do List has reached a been pushed to the bottom of the stack. With less than 5 months to go, I suppose I should get busy.

Have a good week!

No comments: