Monday, September 10, 2007

Baby Blues

So, Kevin got you all updated on what has been going on around here and as a mommy with no free time lately, I would just like to thank him for doing that! One small note, Evie has started taking somewhat of a nap in the afternoon (finally, after not sleeping regularly for about 2 weeks) the only catch is that she has to be "danced" to sleep listening to blues music and she has to be held the entire time she is sleeping! If the music is turned off or down or you lay her in her crib, she wakes up and wants up. So, in the 8 months she has been here, we have learned that she has a very eclectic taste in music (like her daddy) and a very particular way that she wants things done (like her....mommy). No matter what, Kevin and I say each day what a blessing she is and how lucky we are!
On a side note, to any grandparents out there, happy belated Grandparents' Day! To any grand kids out there that forgot, call today to tell them how grateful you are for them. I miss mine terribly and wish I could call each day.
Like Kevin said, we'll try to get better at timely posts :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad the babies in our family are never spoiled. I recall a young little lady that had to be danced in the living room to Rod Stewart's "Hot Legs" when someone would baby sit her.

The good thing about the musical influences is that she will have a wide variety...wait until I spend more quality 80's music and Opera time with her. She will really be confused!

I am excited (it takes so very little) that I remembered Mom's version of "This is the way the ladies ride" or "Hobbledy Hoy"...my legs are ready to take her on.