Saturday, August 26, 2006

No News is Good News

Hey everyone! Sorry that it has taken so long to updates, but I have been out of town for a few days and Kevin has been busy with work. Mom and I went away on Monday for a little girls week in Branson. She and apparently alot of other people thought that I needed to get away and try to relax a bit for the sake of the baby. We spent our time in Branson relaxing by the pool, shopping, and sleeping. That is a facinating town, not at all what I expected. It's a bit like Las Vegas for the country folk. We had a great time, encountered some interesting situations, and saw some neat stuff. I would like to publicly thank my mom for being so good to me and spending the week with me, not to mention willingly going to the Titanic museum that I wanted to see! Thanks also to my dad and my hubby for holding the fort down at home!
Before we left for Branson, I had another Dr's appointment just to check and se how things are going. The Dr said that the baby looks good and is growing a little bit ahead of schedule, which is normal. The heartbeat is strong and so far this is a healthy pregnancy. I am able to feel the little one now and if the movement inside is anything like the movement outside will be, Kevin and I are going to have our hands full! Kevin has been able to feel it moving around also. It is such an amazing thing!! We are still trying to decide exactly what we want to do for the nursery and have come up with some very cute ideas, but we have to finish the enormous project in the kitchen first. It looks like painting will begin this weekend and I am crossing my fingers that we can be totally finished by Labor Day weekend.
I started sending out information to schools around Tulsa in hopes of gaining new tutoring clients, we shall see how this whole endeavor goes. I am going to present my portfolio of work I have done through my graduate program to a panel of professors and peers on Thursday and if all goes well I will be one step closer to finishing this degree. I have to take compositional exams in September, so the majority of that month will be spent studying.
So, as you can see things are pretty normal around here. I will catch up more later and will have KP drop a line. Peace, Jess

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I want to say that you are welcome. The time spent with you is always a treat for me.

master p., esq. said...

congratulations to jessica on defending her portfolio this past week. now she's only an inch away from that masters degree. good job, sis.

Anonymous said...

Ph.D here she comes!

master p., esq. said...

you need to update your blog.

(but look whose talkin', eh?)

seriously, what's new in t-town? how about posting some pictures of your pooches?