Monday, August 07, 2006

A Little Update for Those in Need of Information

Well hello everyone,
I have finally finished with school and am slowly moving into a normal life again. I finished my summer classes and am so happy that this experience is over! I have one more class to take in the fall. By fault of my own and my advisor, I have to be enrolled in the fall semester in order to take my compositional finals and present my portfolio of all the work I have completed in the program. I will be doing a directed study under the professor that I had for my July classes. she is a lovely lady, very intelligent, and very funny! I don't expect that the study will be too complicated.
I am in the process of getting my information for the tutoring business out and about and am shamelessly using people that I know to spread the word. I have a few clients right now, but would really feel more secure if I could get about 5. If anybody knows of a child that needs help...please let me know. See, another shameless plea!
Mom and dad are having a garage sale this weekend and Kevin and I are going to put many things in it in order to clean out the house. We have to make as much room as possible for the coming arrival. Kevin has been working so hard on the kitchen and we are so close to being finished. Yesterday was spent grouting and cleaning. The tile looks beautiful now and the bar that he built is going to be so great for eating in the kitchen! We have to move on to the baby's room next and are in the process of choosing colors and a style to decorate. We bought a book yesterday to help and I think that we might have found a great idea, but it is a little "off the wall!" It might not be the final choice, but it is different and would work for a boy or a girl. On that note, the name game is becoming a fun one. Thanks for the suggestions those of you have offered. It is going to be a matter of each of us making a list of favorites and then negotiating. We'll let all of you know when a decision is made.
We go in for our next ultra sound this thursday and we will get to see the baby! Hopefully it is healthy and happy! For those of you holding out on a change of mind, the answer is still "No" we are not going to find out what it is. As long as it is healthy, that is all that matters!
I think that you are all caught up on most of what is going on. I'll try to be more faithful to this thing, since I did create it and have to keep everyone up to date.
I wish you all a peaceful day! Jess

8 comments:

master p., esq. said...

whenever anyone asks me about what you are going to name your baby, i always tell them rodrigo augustus paul, III--regardless of sex. so, if you want people on the west coast to recognize your child when you visit, you might seriously consider that name.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip Matt. Maybe he/she can just go by that name for short. Or, perhaps that can be the nickname. Glad to see your thinking!!

master p., esq. said...

i do my best. i'll have to think up an actual nickname once the little paul arrives because i don't like giving names/nicknames w/o seein things first.

Anonymous said...

You'll feel really funny if you're carrying a puppy instead of a baby. I guess the OB/GYN WOULD tell you that.

Inigo Montoya...you killed my father...prepare to die.

Pat swears it's a girl...as she is the oldest we must believe. No offense boys...but the clothes are so cute for a girl and Kevin won't let me dress his son in a little jumpy with bunny ears.

master p., esq. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i think some nice cowboy outfits would be rockstar on a baby boy and they would go with the oklahoma theme (if not the oklahoma state theme).

nonetheless, i would say there is a fifty-fifty shot that it will be either a girl or a boy. so, i am going with boy--just because everyone else seems to be betting on girl--and because we need to pad our numbers in this estrogen dominated family.

Anonymous said...

Who cares if it's a boy or a girl. It's a baby and all baby clothes and things are so cute it makes me sick.

And the best part is I am going to be an Aunt!!! Yipppy.

BTW. I think you should name the baby Pinix Paul - regardless of sex.

Anonymous said...

I wrote the above comment.

-Beth